Your Enquiry has been sent successfully.
Home › Products › Dried Leaves › Dried Neem Leaves
Neem root bark, stem bark, leaves, flower, gum, seeds are being used for various medicinal purposes for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicines and remedies.
Sanskrit name used for this herb is “Arishta” which means perfect, complete and imperishable.
KEY APPLICATION: Blood purifier, inflammation of gums, gingivitis, periodontitis, sores, acne, pimples, boils, ulcer, eczema, boils, enlargement of spleen, malarial fever, fever during childbirth, measles, lice, alopecia, head scald and cutaneous affections, vaginal infections, mosquito repellent, low appetite, nose bleed
PLANT FAMILY: Meliaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Azadirachta Indica
VERNACULAR NAMES: Neem tree, Margosa tree, Nimba, Nimbaka, Arishta, Arishtaphala, Pichumarda, Pichumanda, Pichumandaka, Tiktaka, Sutiktak, Paaribhadra, Vemmu, Veppu, Veppan, Arulundi
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF LEAF
Leaves mainly yield quercetin (flavonoid) and nimbosterol (β- sitosterol) as well as number of liminoids (nimbin and its derivatives).
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Antimicrobial- Destroy or inhibit the growth of microorganisms and especially pathogenic microorganisms
· Antibacterial- Destroy bacteria or suppresses their growth.
· Antibiotic- Inhibit the growth of or destroy microorganisms.
· Antifungal- Have a killing action on fungi or destroys fungi.
· Anthelmintic- Expel or destroy parasitic worms especially of the intestine.
· Insecticidal- Capable of killing insects or controlling their growth.
· Antiviral- Inhibit the growth & reproduction of the virus.
· Antipyretic- Reduce fever
· Antimalarial- Prevent, control or cure malaria.
· Antiperiodic- Prevent the regular recurrence of symptoms.
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce inflammation
· Antifertility- Suppress the action of hormones that promote pregnancy.
· Spermicidal- Contain a substance that kills sperm.
· Anti-hypoglycaemic- Lower blood sugar
Rasa (Taste) –Tikta (Bitter), Kashaya (Astringent)
Guna (Qualities) – Laghu (Light to taste), Rooksha (Dry)
Virya (Potency) – Sheeta (Cold in nature)
Vipaka (Post digestive effect) – Katu (Pungent)
Effect on tridosha (Humors) - Balances pitta & increases vata
Dried leaves- 1-3 gm powder
(Please note that the exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power, nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, humors and disorders.)
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Yes! I am interested
Looking for Product Name ?