|Drying Process||Sun Dried|
|Packaging Type||As requirement|
Tagar is one of the most important herbs in the Ayurvedic medicine system for sleeping disorders. It has a calming, grounding, relaxing and balancing effect on the mind.
KEY APPLICATION: Tagar has remarkable influence on cerebrospinal system, migraine, neuralgia, anxiety, nervous tensions & weakness, breathlessness, epilepsy, giddiness and fainting fits, insomnia, stimulates digestive system, reduce flatulence, correct tremor, inflammatory conditions.
PLANT FAMILY: Valerianaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Valeriana Wallichii
VERNACULAR NAMES: Tagar, Sugandhbala, Mushkbala, Indian Valerian, Bala, Tagarai, Thakaram, Grandhi Tagaramu, Kalanusari
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF ROOT
Roots contain cyclopentapyrans (sedative, tranquilizing, and bactericidal properties), acacetin-7-O-rutinosides, valtrate, didrovaltrate, linarin iso-valerinate, valepotriates, iridoid ester glycoside, valerosidatum &Cyclopentapyrans
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Analgesic- Alleviate pain in the body
· Antispasmodic- Used to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
· Anticonvulsant- Prevent or reduce the severity of epileptic fits or other convulsions.
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce inflammation.
· Antioxidant- Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals.
· Calmative- Have relaxing or pacifying properties; sedative.
· Carminative- Expulsion of gas from the stomach or bowel.
· Expectorant- Promote the secretion, liquefaction or expulsion of sputum from the respiratory tract.
· Nervine- Acting on or relieving disorders of the nerves; soothing the nerves
· Stimulant- Raise levels of physiological or nervous activity in the body.
· Tranquilizer- Reduce tension or anxiety.
Rasa (Taste): Kashaya (Astringent), Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter)
Guna (Quality): Laghu (Light), Snigdha (Unctuous or oily)
Virya (Potency): Ushna (Heating)
Vipaka (taste conversion after digestion): Katu (Pungent)
Effects on doshas (Humors): Balances all doshas especially pacifies Vata & Kapha doshas
1-3gm in dry powder form
(Please note that the exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power, nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, humors and disorders.)
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.