Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
There is a concept in Ayurvedic textbooks; called as “yatra Akrutihi, tatra gunaah vasanti” meaning if the shape of an herb resembles a disease or an organ, then that herb is most likely to have benefit in the respective disease, related to the organ. Tribulus fruit has quite a resemblance with oxalate stones of the kidney and bladder.
It has a direct affinity for the urine channels as well as the brain and muscle tissues. It soothes the urinary tract membranes and promotes urination.
KEY APPLICATION: Prostate problems, urine retention or obstructed urinary flow, blood in urine, urinary infection, frequent urination, painful urination, eliminate kidney stones, prevent kidney stone formation, improve the immune system, increase body strength, balance the fluid levels in the body, increase libido in both men & women, beneficial for bodybuilding & the performance of athletes, strong effect on a testosterone
PLANT FAMILY: Zygophyllaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Tribulus Terrestris
VERNACULAR NAMES: Puncture Vine, Cathead, Land Caltrops, Small Caltrops, Gokharu, Gokhshura, Gokshuraka, Chotagokhru, Bindii, Burragokhru, Trikanta, Trikantaka, Swaadu-kantaka, Shvadamstra, Sirunenunji, Nerunji, Kshudra (Laghu), Khaar-e-Khasak Khurd, Nerinjil
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF SEEDS
Fruit contain saponins, glycosides, flavonoids, alkaloids, and tannins.
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Aphrodisiac- Stimulate sexual desire
· Anabolic- Help in building up metabolism.
· Antilithic- Prevent or eliminate kidney stones
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce inflammation
· Cardioprotective- Protect heart
· Diuretic- An agent that increases the flow and volume of urine.
· Demulcent- Help, soothe and protect the mucous membranes in the body, it has a direct action on the lining of the intestines, soothing and reducing irritation.
· Antispasmodic- Used to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
· Anti-hypertensive- Lower high blood pressure
· Anti-hyperglycemic- Lower blood sugar
· Lithotryptic- Useful in stones in the kidney & urinary bladder
Rasa (Taste) – Madhura (Sweet)
Guna (Qualities) – Guru (Heavy), Snigdha (Unctuous or oily)
Virya (Potency) – Sheeta (Cooling)
Vipaka (Post digestive effect) – Madhura (Sweet)
Effect on tridosha (Humors) - Balances all three doshas
3-6 gm in powder form
(Please note that the exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power, nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, humors and disorders.)
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.