Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
|Business Type||Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier|
|Botanical Name||Matricaria Chamomilla|
|Click to view more|
Preferred Buyer From
Chamomile has been used for nearly 5,000 years in tea, herbal extract as oil and cosmetic forms to promote tranquility, vitality, a youthful appearance and longevity.
Chamomile is a widely recognized herb in Western culture. Its medicinal usage dates back to antiquity where such notahles as Hippocrates, Galen, and Asclepius made written reference to it.
It has a high level of disease-fighting antioxidants, a natural remedy for anxiety, mild sedative to calm nerves.
KEY APPLICATION: Hay fever, inflammation, muscle spasms, menstrual disorders, insomnia, sedative, migraines, ulcers, wounds, rheumatic pain, and hemorrhoids, eczema, gout, soothes skin irritations, allergy, bruises, burns, canker sores, neuralgia, sciatica, bacterial infections of the skin, oral cavity and gums, and respiratory tract infection, gastrointestinal disorders like flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea, anorexia, motion sickness, nausea, and vomiting
PLANT FAMILY: Asteraceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Matricaria Chamomilla
VERNACULAR NAMES: Chamomilla, German chamomile, Chamomile, Wild chamomile Roghan babunah, Gul-babunah, Babuni ke phool
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF FLOWER
The dried flower contains many terpenoids and flavonoids contributing to its medicinal properties. Other major constituents of the flowers include several phenolic compounds, primarily the flavonoids apigenin, quercetin, patuletin as glucosides and various acetylated derivatives.
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Anthelmintic- Expel or destroy parasitic worms especially of the intestine.
· Anti-allergic- Tend to relieve or control allergic symptoms.
· Antioxidant- Neutralize the oxidation effect of free radicals.
· Anti-bacterial- Destroy bacteria or suppress their growth.
· Anti-fungal- Have a killing action on fungi or destroys fungi.
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce inflammation
· Anti-cancer- Prevent a malignant and invasive growth or tumour.
· Anti-peptic- Prevent stomach ulcers
· Anti-pyretic- Reduces fever
· Antiseptic- Destruct microorganisms that produces septic diseases.
· Anti-spasmodic- Used to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
· Carminative- Cause expulsion of gas from the stomach or bowel.
· Diaphoretic- Induce perspiration
· Emmenagogue- Stimulate blood flow in the pelvic area and uterus, stimulate menstruation.
· Sedative- Provide a soothing or calming effect or inducing sleep.
· Stomachic- Stimulate gastric activity and improve appetite and digestion.
CHAMOMILE FLOWERS TEA
Prepare a tea by steeping 1 teaspoon (add more for stronger flavour) of dried Chamomile flowers in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes to get its health benefits & flavour.
Green tea, lavender flowers, Lemongrass blend well with chamomile; so either can also be added along in hot water. You can also flavour your cup of tea with lime, honey or Stevia.
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.