Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
Consumption of hot tea with lemon peel can be beneficial in preventing the development of cancer cells. Add it to your favorite drinks and foods to experience a pleasant zing that tastes good and increases your physical well-being.
KEY APPLICATION: Support body’s detoxification process; improve bone health, reduces cholesterol levels, promote good health, anti-aging, rejuvenate the skin, prevent scurvy, anemia, gum disease, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory polyarthritis, osteoporosis, appetizer, immunity booster, antidepressant, kill internal worms and parasites, heal varicose veins, bloodshot eyes, phlebitis and hemorrhoids (especially when the lemon peel is used to make a tea).
PLANT FAMILY: Rutaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Citrus Limon
VERNACULAR NAMES: neembu chilka
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF PEEL
Bio flavonoids, salvestrol Q40 and limonene
Lemon peels contain as much as 5 to 10 times more vitamins than the lemon juice itself. To name a few: Vitamin C, Vitamin A, beta carotene, folate, calcium, magnesium, and potassium, iron, copper.
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Antioxidant- Neutralize the oxidation effect of free radicals.
· Antibacterial- Destroy bacteria or suppresses their growth.
· Anti-depressant- Used to alleviate depression.
· Anti-fungal- Have a killing action on fungi or destroys fungi.
· Antiseptic- Destruct microorganisms that produce septic diseases.
· Astringent- Cause the drying and tightening of skin cells and other body tissues.
· Anti-cancer- Prevents a malignant and invasive growth or tumour.
· Anti-arthritis- Treats chronic inflammation of joints, accompanied by pain & structural changes.
· Cardioprotective- Protect heart
· Stomachic- Stimulates gastric activity and improves appetite and digestion.
LEMON PEEL TEA
Drinking one cup of hot lemon peel tea 30 minutes before meals several times a day will not only lower skin cancer risk; but also aid in digestion and help prevent stomach irritations.
Put one piece of dried lemon peel to a cup of boiling water. Steep it for 5-10 minutes. Add sugar or honey if you like. It blends well with green tea. Its great as an iced tea too.
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.