Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
|Business Type||Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier, Trader|
|Packaging Type||As Requirement|
|Botanical Name||Rhododendron Arboreum|
|Click to view more|
Preferred Buyer From
The bright scarlet red bell-shaped flower filled with sweet nectar is one such tree with medicinal uses that grows at an altitude of 3500-4000 metres in the Himalayas, is the essential ingredient added to the chai (tea) served in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Buransh Ki Chai (tea) is served as a welcome drink in Uttarakhand and Himachal where people use the flower in all ways possible, through the year. This is one of the reasons rhododendron is the state tree of Uttarakhand. Sherpas and Tibetans call rhododendron the sacred shrub because it gives off an aromatic scent that is believed to make one happy.
The name ‘Rhododendron’ is derived from the Greek word – Rhod or rose like and Dendron which means tree. Since this species is more like a tree, it has species name ‘arboreum’ refers to ‘tree-like’.
KEY APPLICATION: Lower blood pressure, good for heart, lower bad cholesterol, hypertension, atherosclerosis, good for the circulatory system, allergies, acne, eczema, asthma, hives, prevent liver damage, cancer, anti-aging
PLANT FAMILY: Erecaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Rhododendron Arboreum
VERNACULAR NAMES: Rose tree, Buransh, Buras, Barah, Rohitaka, Billi , Kattupoo varasu , Pu, Pullaas , Lali gurans , Eras , Adrawal , Maharathmal, Aselamal, Big-Ixora, Kurbak
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF FLOWER
Flower offers a good amount of phytochemicals of medicinal value including phenols, saponins, xanthoproteins, tannins, flavonoid and coumarins. Bright red color of this flower is due to the presence of vitamin-like flavonoid Quercetin.
Burans flower offers mainly fibers and is a good source of Potassium, Calcium, Iron & Vitamin C.
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Antioxidant- Neutralize the oxidation effect of free radicals.
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce inflammation
· Antimicrobial- Destroy or inhibit the growth of microorganisms and especially pathogenic microorganisms.
· Anti-Bacterial- Destroy bacteria or suppresses their growth.
· Anti-Diabetic- Use to control the level of glucose (sugar) in the blood.
· Anti-diarrhoeal- Relieve symptoms of diarrhoea.
· Astringent- Cause the drying and tightening of skin cells and other body tissues.
· Hepatoprotective- Prevent damage to the liver and cure a liver injury or liver dysfunction.
· Stomachic- Stimulate gastric activity and improves appetite and digestion.
· Oxytocic- Hasten or facilitate childbirth.
Boil 1 teaspoon Burans petals in water. While boiling, a carrier tea such as green tea or mint leaves can be mixed with the petals to enhance the taste. Add honey/Stevia along with a hint of tulsi once brew is ready.
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.