Business Type : Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier, Trader
|Drying Process||Sun Dried|
|Botanical Name||Andrographis Paniculata|
|Packaging Type||As requirement|
Preferred Buyer From
|Location||Anywhere in India|
Kalmegh is a hardy plant and has been used as medicine since time immemorial. This plant is also known as ‘Rice bitter’ in the West Indies and ‘King of bitters’ or ‘Chiretta’ in England.
Bitter herb used to detoxify the blood and body, especially the lungs - aids in the expulsion of mucus from the lungs, reduces inflammation of the sinuses and respiratory tract during colds due to its expectorant & mucolytic properties.
KEY APPLICATION: Common cold, bronchitis, help to cut through thick phlegm, sinus infection, reduce pitta and kapha in the head and chest, improve appetite, support comfortable digestion, liver and gall bladder protection, Jaundice, intestinal worms infestation, diarrhoea, general debility, blood purifier, enhances immunity, reduces high blood sugar, prevent dengue, high blood pressure, ulcer, leprosy, skin diseases, flatulence, colic, influenza
PLANT FAMILY: Acanthaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Andrographis Paniculata
VERNACULAR NAMES: Kriate, Kariyat, Creat, Kalmegha, Chuanxinlian, Kalupnath, Kirayat, Mahatita (King of Bitters), Nelabevu, Nelavepu, Nelavemu, Alui , Bhunimba , Bhui-neem, Yavatikta, Sam biloto
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF THE WHOLE PLANT
The plant contains resinous Kalmeghin (diterpene lactone), andrographolide, diterpene glucoside, neoandrographolide, deoxyandroglycolide, epigenin, flavonoids and phenols.
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Antibacterial- Destroy bacteria or suppresses their growth.
· Antifungal- Have a killing action on fungi or destroys fungi.
· Antiviral- Destroy or inhibit the growth and reproduction of viruses
· Antipyretic- Reduce fever
· Anthelmintic- Used to destroy parasitic worms.
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, heat etc.
· Carminative- Cause expulsion of gas from the stomach or bowel.
· Cholagogue- Promote the flow of bile from the gallbladder into the duodenum.
· Expectorant-Promote the secretion of sputum by the air passages; used to treat coughs.
· Hepatoprotective- Prevent damage to the liver and cure a liver injury or liver dysfunction.
· Hypoglycemic- Reduce blood sugar
· Hypochlesterolemic- Prevent the abnormal deficiency of cholesterol in the blood.
· Stomachic- Stimulates gastric activity and improves appetite and digestion.
Rasa (Taste) – Tikta (Bitter)
Guna (Qualities) – Light (Laghu), Ruksha (Dry)
Virya (Potency) – Sheeta (cold potency)
Vipaka (Post digestive effect) – Katu (Pungent)
Effect on tridosha (Humors)- Balances Pitta & Kapha doshas
1-3gm in powder form
(Please note that the exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power, nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, humors and disorders.)
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.