Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
|Business Type||Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier, Trader|
|Botanical Name||Berberis Aristata|
|Click to view more|
Preferred Buyer From
Daruhaldi was well known to the ancients as a medicine, a dietetic for the sick, and a dye. Its popular use as a remedy barberry bark and cider was held in all forms of abdominal inflammation, but especially those accompanied by hepatic derangement and jaundice.
The yellow root was used by Native Americans as a dye for fabrics as well as its widespread use in medicines. Barberry root tea was used to treat ulcers, sores, rheumatism and kidney ailments.
KEY APPLICATION: Supports healthy liver & gallbladder, gastrointestinal distress, blood purifier, boils & pimples, diarrhoea, jaundice, malaria, typhoid, hepatitis, enlarged spleen, leucorrhoea, ear infection & pain, fever, Increase appetite and improve digestion and prevent gastric reflux, promote bowel regularity, swollen gums, pyorrhoea & toothache, arthritis, osteoporosis and rheumatism, eczema, parasites & psoriasis, conjunctivitis, ophthalmia, trachoma and opacity, anal Fistula, vaginal discharge, sweating deficiency, bad cholesterol, enhance natural resistance, promote healthy skin
PLANT FAMILY: Berberidaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Berberis Aristata
VERNACULAR NAMES: Indian berberry, Barberry, Ophthalmic barberry, Pepperidge Bush, Tree turmenic, Kashmoi, Rasont, Kashmal, Chitra, Dar-Hald, Rasaut, Maradarisina, Maramanjal, Daruhald, Chutro, Chitra, Kasmal, Simlu, Sumlu, Mullukala, Usikkala, Daruharidra, Darvi, Kata, Pitadaru, Suvarnavarna, Kashturipushpa, Bagisutra
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF ROOT
Alkaloids- berberine, oxyacanthine, and columbamine, a quaternary ammonium salt of isoquinoline alkaloid. Berberine – recognized for its outstanding ability to enhance the body’s natural resistance,
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Antibacterial- Destroy bacteria or suppress their growth.
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, heat etc.
· Antiseptic- Destroy micro-organism that produces septic diseases.
· Antipyretic- Reduce fever
· Antioxidant- Neutralize the oxidation effect of free radicals.
· Antimicrobial- Destroy or inhibit the growth of microorganisms & especially pathogenic microorganisms.
· Anti-cancer- Prevent a malignant and invasive growth or tumour.
· Anti-depressant- Diminish or reduce nervous or functional activity.
· Anti-diarrhoeal- Relieve symptoms of diarrhoea.
· AnticoagulantIn vivo or in vitro, suppress, delay, or nullify the coagulation of the blood.
· Cholagogue- Promote the flow of bile from the gallbladder into the duodenum.
· Anti-hypoglycaemic- Prevent abnormally diminished content of glucose in the blood.
· Anti-hypertensive- Lower high blood pressure.
· Hepatatic- Relieve inflammation of the liver.
· Hypolipidemic- Help in decreasing the lipid concentration of the blood.
· Bitter and stimulate the cardiovascular system.
Rasa (Taste) – Tikta (Bitter), kashaya (Astringent)
Guna (Qualities) - Laghu (Light to digest), Rooksha (Dry)
Virya (Potency) – Ushna (hot potency)
Vipaka (Post digestive effect) - Katu (Pungent)
Effect on tridosha (Humors) - Balances kapha and pitta dosha
3-5gm in dry powder
(Please note that the exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power, nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, humors and disorders.)
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.