Business Type : Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier, Trader
|Packaging Type||As Requirement|
|Drying Process||Sun Dried|
|Botanical Name||Murraya Koenigii|
Preferred Buyer From
|Location||Anywhere in India|
Curry leaves name derived from the Tamil word “Kari” meaning spicy, curry leaves are mentioned in ancient Tamil scriptures dating back to the 4th century AD for its amazing benefits and culinary significance.
Curry Leaves are a quintessential aromatic ingredient found in Indian households that have innumerable health and therapeutic benefits.
KEY APPLICATION : Promote appetite, digestion, reduce bad cholesterol, promote oral hygiene, destroy pathogenic organism, anti-diarrhea, anemia, diabetes, indigestion, obesity, kidney problems, liver problems, hair and skin problems, externally used against skin eruptions also.
PLANT FAMILY: Rutaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Murraya Koenigii
VERNACULAR NAMES: Curry-Leaf, Surabhini-nimba, Karipattaa, Karuveppilei, Karivempu, Kattuveppilei, Meethi Neem, Kathneem, Gandhela, Barsanga
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION & NUTRIENT ANALYSIS OF LEAF
Leaves are rich in carbazole alkaloids, coumarin, glucoside, scopolin
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy (108kcal), protein (6.1gm), fibre (6.4gm), phosphorus (57mg), calcium (830mg), iron (0.93mg), magnesium (44mg), Carotene (7560 µg), riboflavin (0.210mg), nacin (2.3mg), vitamin C (4mg), folic acid (23.5 µg)
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Antibacterial- Destroy bacteria or suppresses their growth.
· Antifungal- Have a killing action on fungi or destroy fungi.
· Antispasmodic- Used to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
· Antiprotozoal- Treat infections caused by protozoa.
· Anthelmintic- Expel or destroy parasitic worms especially of the intestine.
· Anti-cancer- Prevent a malignant and invasive growth or tumour.
· Anti-diabetic- Used to control the level of glucose (sugar) in the blood.
· Hepatoprotective- Prevent damage to the liver and cure a liver injury or liver dysfunction.
· Insecticidal- Capable of killing insects or controlling their growth.
· Stomachic- Stimulate gastric activity and improves appetite and digestion.
Rasa (Taste) –Tikta (Bitter), Kashaya (Astringent)
Guna (Qualities) – Laghu (Light to taste), Rooksha (Dry)
Virya (Potency) – Ushna (Hot)
Vipaka (Post digestive effect) – Katu (Pungent)
Effect on tridosha (Humors) - Balances Kapha & Vata
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.