|Botanical Name||Chlorophytum Borivilianum|
|Drying Process||Sun dried|
The changing lifestyle is taking a toll on the status of male sexual health in the global population. The incidence of infertility, erectile dysfunction (said to afflict as much as 10% of the male population), subnormal desire and performance in sexual intercourse are increasing alarmingly.
Safes musli has gained a well-established domestic (Indian) and international market for being the herbal alternative of "Viagra" without any side effects.
Safed musli is used for its versatile Shukrala (beneficial effect on male sexual health), Rasayana (adaptogenic activity), and Balya (general health tonic) properties. Musli is said to enhance not only sexual performance, but also improves the quality of the off-springs.
KEY APPLICATION: Arthritis, cancer, diabetes, boost vitality and sexual performance, premature ejaculation, low libido, fatigue, low sperm count, sexual debility, male sexual potency, male fertility, impotence, oligospermia, nightfall treatment, sexual weakness
PLANT FAMILY: Liliaceae
BOTANICAL NAME: Chlorophytum Borivilianum
VERNACULAR NAMES: Shaqaqule, Dholi Musli, Khairuwa, Shedheveli, Sweta Musli, Taniravi Thang, Tella Nela Tadi Gaddalu
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF ROOT
Musli is a rich source of over 25 alkaloids, vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, steroids, saponins and polysaccharides.
The understanding of medicinal properties will help us utilize the herb better. Below are medicinal properties along with its meaning indicating multiple health benefits:
· Aphrodisiac- Stimulate sexual desire.
· Adaptogen- Help the body adapt to stress whether physical, chemical or biological.
· Androgen- Promote the development of secondary male sexual organs & sexual characteristics.
· Antacid- Prevent, neutralize, or counteract the acidity of the stomach.
· Anti-arthritis- Treat chronic inflammation of a joint, accompanied by pain & structural changes.
· Anti-cancer- Prevent a malignant and invasive growth or tumour.
· Anti-inflammatory- Reduce inflammation
· Anti-microbial- Destroy or inhibit the growth of microorganisms and especially pathogenic microorganisms.
· Antioxidant- Neutralize the oxidation effect of free radicals.
· Anti-stress- Relive mental, emotional, physical stress or tension.
· Alterative- Restore normal health.
· Anti-hyperglycemic- Bring down the abnormally high level of glucose in the blood.
· Cardio-protective- Protect heart
· Erectogenic- Produce an erection of the penis.
· Galactagogue- Promote the secretion and flow of milk.
· Immuno-modulatory- Adjust or tone down or regulate the immune system.
· Oligospermia- Treat Oligospermia, improve sperm count, volume, liquefaction time and motility.
· Tonic- Invigorate or strengthen the system of the body, boost energy and improve overall health and longevity.
Rasa (Taste): Madhura (sweet)
Guna (Quality): Guru (Heavy) & Snigdha (Unctuous or oily)
Virya (Potency): Sheeta (cold)
Vipaka (taste conversion after digestion): Madhura (Sweet)
Effects on doshas (Humors): Pacifies Vata & Pitta doshas; increases Kapha
3-5 grams of root powder preferably with warm milk once or twice a day.
(Please note that the exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power, nature of the illness, the state of the viscera, humors and disorders.)
The information provided is for educational purposes only. This data is not to be considered complete and is not guaranteed to be accurate.